Work placement in a Community Health setting enables a student to work in a unique team environment, where a true multi-disciplinary approach is applied. BCH regularly hosts students from Federation University, Charles Sturt University, Deakin University, Monash University and LaTrobe University. We are happy to consider arrangements with other education providers upon request. Our programs and services support clients of all age groups and needs.
What types of placement are available?
- Allied Health Assistance
- Alcohol & Other Drugs
- Diabetes Education
- Exercise Physiology/Sports Science
- Health Promotion/Public Health
- Mental Health
- Nursing (Enrolled / Registered)
- Social Work
- Youth Services
What does Ballarat have to offer?
- A friendly and welcoming community
- Award-winning dining venues including wine bars, restaurants, vineyards, jazz bars and cafes
- Theatre, festivals, sporting and music events
- Beautiful Lake Wendouree, parks and gardens
- A great variety of shopping experiences, including antiques, retro, markets and major retailers
- Magnificent historical buildings, Sovereign Hill and the Eureka precinct
The majority of placement enquiries should be directed via your course coordinator or field education coordinator. However, if you have been instructed by your education provider to contact us yourself, please make your placement request via email.