Our volunteers are an essential part of the services provided through Ballarat Community Health and their work is greatly appreciated by staff and clients alike.
Some of the roles that our volunteers take on include:
- Administration and clerical assistance
- Assistance in Health Promotion programs
- Helping clients navigate their way to health appointments
- Leading/assisting with walking groups
- Mail delivery and errands
- Second Bite food rescue program
Some people volunteer a couple of hours a week, others much more. It all depends on how much time people have available to offer, and what work needs to be done.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer. You may find the experience rewarding if you:
- have spare time and would like to contribute to the community
- would like to develop skills and/or gain experience
- would like to meet new people
Becoming a volunteer
If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 03 5338 4500 or via Volunteer Enquiries.
Further information about volunteering
For further information about volunteers and volunteer opportunities in the Ballarat area see the following links: