Dr De Silva had obtained his medical degree in 2007 and had been working in different fields of medicine with vast experience in General Practice, Emergency Medicine and Anaesthesia.
He is currently working as a full time General Practitioner at our Wendouree clinic. He is credentialed to prescribe cannabis oil for patients with a chronic disease. Cannabis oil is a highly regulated medication that has proven benefit in chronic pain management.
Initial consultations involve:
- Detailed clinical assessment of the condition
- Eligibility assessment
- Ruling out contraindications
- Basic bloods especially renal and liver function to exclude severe impairment
- Obtaining informed written consent
- Application for a TGA approval as they need to have a certificate with them (a random drug test while driving can be positive when they are on medication )
- Developing a management plan for the long term
For more information on consultations and fees, please contact us on 5338 4500.