Exercise & Fitness Classes
Ballarat community Health offers a range of different exercise & fitness classes.
Our classes are designed for beginner, intermediate and advanced fitness levels and we are an LGBTQIA+ all-inclusive & non-judgement organisation.
Penelope is our exercise & fitness class instructor and has been with Ballarat community health for 14 years.
She brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience within the fitness industry and will make sure you feel welcomed & comfortable.
If you are interested in joining a class or you simply would like some more information, then please use the enquiry form below.
Cost per class
|11 – 11.45am||Tai Chi Introduction||$10.00||Sebastopol|
|11.45 – 12.30||Breathe, Stretch, Relax||$10.00||Sebastopol|
|11:00 – 11:45am||Tai Chi Intermediate||$10.00||Wendouree|
|12:00 – 1:00pm||Yoga||$10.00||Wendouree|
|1.15 – 2pm||Pilates||$10.00||Wendouree|
|9.15- 10am||Dance Fitness||$10.00||Sebastopol|
|10.15 – 11am||Tai Chi Intermediate||$10.00||Sebastopol|
|11 – 12noon||Yoga||$10.00||Sebastopol|
|12.15– 1pm||Tai Chi Basics||$10.00||Sebastopol|
Types of Classes:
Breathe, Stretch, Relax
- Yoga Breathing practices seated in a chair (learn to lengthen and control the breath)
- Stretching the body whilst staying mindful of the breath, using a chair as a prop for seated and standing yoga postures
- Yoga Nidra relaxation (seated in a chair and using the breathing practices to fully allow the body, breath and mind to Relax)
- No equipment required
- Fun, Friendly way to exercise for anyone who loves to dance
- Choreographed dances in different styles, including Latin, Belly Dance, Indian ,Blues and Rock and Roll
- Follow the instructor and learn some new moves
- Floor based exercise class, Pilates Mat required
- Whole body workout
- Warm up includes gentle Stretching and Joint rotations
- Build Core stability by Strengthening the abdominal and back muscles
- Improve posture
- Stretch and strengthen Muscles for everyday functional ability
- Focus is on Breathing, Concentration, Balance, Control and Precision of movements
- Work to your own ability / level
Tai Chi is a form of ancient and gentle Chinese exercise that is practiced around the world.
Benefits include improvements to:
- Muscle strength
- Memory and Concentration
- General Health and Feelings of Wellbeing and Relaxation
- Low impact exercises which may be helpful for those with Arthritis or restricted mobility
- No equipment required, just an open mind to learn a new way to move
Ballarat Community Health runs the following Tai Chi classes
- Tai Chi Introduction – for those those with no previous Tai Chi experience. Learn Tai Chi forms step by step and some gentle Qigong movements
- Tai Chi Basics – For those with 1-5 years’ experience with Tai Chi
- Tai Chi Intermediate – for those who have extensive Tai Chi practice in Sun, Yang and Wu style Tai Chi forms
- Floor based class, Yoga mat and small cushion required for postures and relaxation
- Learn how to relax the body and focus the mind on the Breath, helping to enhance ones feelings of self-worth
- Gentle flowing postures which strengthen muscles, move joints and improve mobility by lessening tension in the body
- Includes 10 minute Yoga Nidra relaxation / Meditation practice