The Ballarat Community Health sexual health clinic is located at our Lucas site.
Our team of qualified health professionals pride themselves on a non-judgmental, welcoming clinic that provides services to people of all genders and ages. We do not discriminate—lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) clients are welcome.
Some of our services include:
- information and support on sexual and reproductive health
- sexually transmitted infection (STI) screens, testing, counselling and treatments. Remember, you may not know you have an STI: most people have no symptoms!
- contraceptive services. This refers to something you do or take to prevent pregnancy. These can include:
- Mirena insertion and removal
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Copper IUD insertion and removal
- the Combined Pill
- the Minipill
- Depo Provera injections, and
We also provide unexpected pregnancy counselling. If you think you may be pregnant, we can provide pregnancy testing, options counselling and advice, as well as referrals.