Social work for chronic disease
Our social work services include counselling, support, health coaching and advocacy for individuals and families living with a chronic health condition (diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, etc.).
The service can include assistance with:
- behaviour change and goal setting
- stress management and enhancing wellbeing
- family and relationships issues
- grief and loss issues
- pain management
- learning about self-management principles
- psychosocial assessment
- illness and role adjustment
- secondary symptoms of chronic illness (e.g. low mood, worry, anger or sleep disturbance)
- socio-legal concerns and medical decision making.
Our social work services are offered at the Lucas site and can be accessed by phoning us on (03) 5338 4500.
A referral is not required to access this service. There is currently no charge for this service. Carers are also welcome.