Diabetes support group
Having a strong community of people who are sharing the same experience as you can be a very powerful thing when you’re living with a chronic disease like type 2 diabetes.
The Ballarat type 2 diabetes support group is an informal gathering of people who share similar situations, experiences and problems and who can offer one another emotional and practical support. This informal and friendly group, led by people living with diabetes, meets at our Sebastopol site from 4:00-6:00pm every second Monday of the month.
Support groups are encouraged and may meet at other sites from time to time. Please note that meeting days will vary according to public holidays.
To join the group or find out more information, make an enquiry via the customer service menu to the right-hand side of your screen. Alternatively, call us directly on (03) 5338 4500.
If you need some more assistance or information about your diabetes, below are our other diabetes-specific services and programs. We’re here for you, so get in touch!
- Diabetes education provides support via appointments with our diabetes educators, both individual and in group settings.
- Diabetes Getting Started program will help newly-diagnosed people with type 2 diabetes to get on their feet.
- Carbohydrate Counting for people with type 2 diabetes especially suitable for those at risk of low blood glucose.
- OzDAFNE is a comprehensive education and support program for adults with type 1 diabetes to learn how to self-manage their condition, including self-adjustment of insulin.
- Diabetes support group is a casual and frequent meetup so that Ballarat locals with diabetes can support each other.
- Life! program is a health and lifestyle program for those with pre-diabetes, or at risk from type 2 diabetes.