Education on managing your type 1 diabetes with a focus on the following topics:
- Helps you lead a normal life
- You will be able to eat what you like & when you like
- You will learn about:
- Carbohydrate estimation (estimate how much you eat)
- Blood sugar (glucose) testing
- Changing your insulin dose to suit the food you are eating
- What to do when you are sick
- Exercise and your insulin
Who is it for?
People with Type 1 Diabetes
How much time will it take?
5 days - Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
When is it held?
2 programs are run each year
Where is it held?
Ballarat Community Health, Sebastopol
$100.00 for the course
$50.00 (concession) if you have a health care card
Who provides it?
DAFNE-trained Diabetes Educator, DAFNE-trained Dietitian
How do I get into the program?
- You are able to refer yourself, but will require approval to participate from your doctor or specialist endocrinologist.
- You will need to be assessed by the group leader before you can join the group.
Phone Ballarat Community Health on 5338 4593 to speak to the Intake Worker or email email@example.com
This program has come from Europe where it has been used for over 20 years. OzDAFNE research has shown that DAFNE can improve a person's quality of life and reduce stress due to diabetes.