Stepping Up is a 6-8 week internet-based program devloped for people with arthritis, backpain or other musculoskeletal conditions. The program supports people to deal with some of the physical and emotional challenges of living with a chronic condition such as:
- chronic pain
- low mood
- worry, stress or anxiety
- sleep problems
- making lifestyle changes
How does Stepping Up work?
During the Stepping Up program you will have;
- A 60 minute initial assessment with a health professional from Ballarat Community Health who will assist you to identify your main goals and challenges. This can be done by phone or face to face at a time that is convenient for the individual.
- On-line sessions via the internet (approx. 30 minutes each) for 6-8 weeks. This can be done in the comfort of your own home.
- Weekly email support from an experienced health professional from Ballarat Community Health.
What are the benefits people experience from Stepping Up?
Research from Deakin University showed participants who completed the Stepping Up Program gained significant improvements in the following;
- active engagement in life
- skills to manage health conditions
- social integration
- engagement in healthy activities
- ability to navigate the health system
- a reduction in emotional stress
Only $10 for a 6-8 week program
How do I access the program?
Phone Ballarat Community Health on 5338 4593 to speak to our Intake staff, fax 5339 3044 or email email@example.com