Diabetes Getting Started is a new group designed to allow you an opportunity to see a diabetes nurse educator and dietitian as soon as possible after diagnonis.
Provides information and resources for people newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
This Program aims to:
- Reduce the anxiety associated with a new diagnosis of Diabetes
- Increase the knowledge and skill required to understand and to self-manage diabetes
- Provide resources and education on blood glucose monitoring - free blood glucose meters are available
- Provide information on diet and exercise recommendations
- Provide an opportunity for ongoing individualised support
This program allows all clients to schedule a timely review for follow up.
Thursday, 14 February 2019 - 3:15pm