A lifestyle modification program aimed at reducing the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Who is it for?
- 45+ yrs or 18+ yrs (ATSI descent) with AUSDRISK score of ? 12
- 45+ yrs or 35+ yrs (ATSI descent) with Absolute CVD risk score of ? 10%
- 18+ yrs with one or more of the following:
- Pre-existing cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- History of gestational diabetes
- Moderate or severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Serum total cholesterol >7.5mmol/L
- Systolic BP of ?180mmHg or diastolic BP of ?110mmHg
How much time will it take?
- One hour introductory session
- Four 1 1/2 hour sessions run fortnightly with a final session 4 months later
When is it held?
Wednesday nights 5.45pm-7.15pm (Next group commences Wednesday 9th March 2016)
Where is it held?
Ballarat Community Health, Lucas
Who provides it?
Life-trained facilitators, Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist
How do I get into the program?
Phone Ballarat Community Health on 5338 4593 to speak to the Intake Worker
People with diabetes, pregnant women or people who have had an angina diagnosis or angioplasty or myocardial infarction in the last 3 months.
All participants need to have diabetes excluded by Fasting Blood Glucose (& OGTT if FBG >5.5mmol/L) in the past 12 months. They also require total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides to have been tested in the past 12 months. Facilitators require copies of pathology.
Visit www.lifeprogram.org.au to find out more.