Dietitians: healthy eating & nutrition
Looking to improve your eating habits? Manage or prevent diabetes? Lose weight? Just feel healthier? Give the BCH dietitians a call.
Healthy eating and nutrition have long been considered one of the cornerstones of human wellbeing, but it’s not always simple in practise. The dietitians at Ballarat Community Health work within a multidisciplinary team to help you to understand the relationship between food and health. Our team can offer evidence based, non-judgemental support with food and eating, working with you to help meet your needs and support your goals. All dietitians employed at BCH are accredited practising dietitians (APDs) and offer a range of support in many different areas, including:
- general nutrition and healthy eating
- diabetes and prevention of diabetes
- heart health, cholesterol and high blood pressure
- assistance to manage gout through diet
- fussy or selective eating
- eating disorders or disordered eating concerns
- body image issues
- nutrition for pregnancy and breastfeeding
- stomach and gut issues
- food intolerance and allergy
- vegetarian and vegan eating
- loss of strength or energy
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- confusion about popular diets.
Our dietetic services are offered at Lucas, Sebastopol, Wendouree, and Smythesdale sites.
Ballarat Community Health dietitians are also involved in a range of community activities to promote healthy eating and good nutrition in the wider Ballarat region.
For more information about dietetics or to make a booking, please call us on (03) 5338 4500, or have a look at the useful links below: