Dietitians: healthy eating & nutrition
Looking to improve the way you eat? Manage or prevent diabetes? Just feel healthier? Give the BCH dietitians a call.
Healthy eating and nutrition have long been considered one of the cornerstones of human wellbeing, but it’s not always simple in practise. The dietitians at Ballarat Community Health work within a multidisciplinary team to help you to understand the relationship between food and health. Our team can offer evidence based, non-judgemental support with food and eating, working with you to help meet your needs and support your goals. All dietitians employed at BCH are accredited practising dietitians (APDs) and offer a range of support in many different areas, including:
- general nutrition and healthy eating
- diabetes and prevention of diabetes
- heart health, cholesterol and high blood pressure
- assistance to manage gout through diet
- fussy or selective eating
- improving your relationship with food
- body image concerns
- nutrition for pregnancy and breastfeeding
- nutrition for healthy ageing
- stomach and gut issues
- food intolerance and allergy
- vegetarian and vegan eating
- loss of strength or energy
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- confusion about popular diets.
Our dietetic services are offered at Lucas, Sebastopol and Wendouree (Howitt Street) sites.
Meet out team
You can find Carmen at our Wendouree (Howitt St) and Sebastopol sites.
You can find Zoe at our Lucas, Sebastopol and headspace Ballarat sites.
You can find Elaine at our Lucas and Sebastopol sites
You can find Felicity at our Wendouree (Howitt St) and Sebastopol sites.
Ballarat Community Health dietitians are also involved in a range of community activities to promote healthy eating and good nutrition in the wider Ballarat region.
For more information about dietetics or to make a booking, please call us on (03) 5338 4500, or have a look at the useful links below: