Work with us
It’s a fantastic feeling knowing that your work is actively contributing toward making your community—and the lives of the individuals within it—healthier and more positive. How many people can say that of their workplace? We at Ballarat Community Health can!
At BCH we strive to cater for the health and wellbeing of every person in our community at every stage of their life. We don’t just put a bandaid on an issue: we’re about health promotion, as well as illness prevention, treatment and recovery. We strive for high quality, flexible and responsive service delivery.
BCH recognises and celebrates the diversity of the community within which we work. We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique contribution. We welcome and work with people of all ages and health status, of all races, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientations, religious, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and financial status.
We’re regularly searching for great people to join our team and help us to continually deliver the best possible care to our community. Check out our job vacancies below.
If you’re looking for volunteer or student opportunities, check out the ‘get involved’ tab to the right-hand side of your screen in the customer service menu.
There are many benefits to working at Ballarat Community Health, including:
- attractive salaries in line with relevant awards and certified agreements
- excellent salary packaging (up to $16 000 general allowance and $2,800 meals and entertainment allowance per year)
- Staff culture consistently rated (across four workplace culture surveys) as being a culture of success
- training and professional development opportunities
- regular supervision and performance development meetings
- staff health and well-being incentives, including flu injections
- a lifestyle and family-friendly workplace; breast-feeding friendly
- Diverse work environment with multi-disciplinary teams
- great social environment, including a staff social club
- short commute for Ballarat locals and free parking
- Modern and bright work spaces
- flexible working hours where possible
- quit smoking initiatives
- employee support program
Ballarat is a rural city in the heart of Victoria, just over one hour from Melbourne, with a population of approximately 90,000 people. It offers a relaxed lifestyle with the benefits of being a smaller regional centre. Ballarat has facilities that can compete with any major city: top regional schools in Victoria, excellent private and public hospitals, and is one of Victoria’s premier tourist destinations.
Ballarat businesses offer a broad range of products and services, and has a diverse range of community groups, service clubs, sporting clubs and arts-based societies and groups, catering for the broad spectrum of people in our community. Major events such as the Begonia Festival, the Royal South Street Competition, as well as a wide range of art, food, sport and music events draw participants from a wide catchment.
As Ballarat is a central inland city, it provides a regional hub for the state’s bus and rail transport network. The completion of the fast rail project is anticipated to reduce the current 80-minute rail trip between Ballarat and Melbourne to close to 60 minutes. Melbourne International Airport and the ports of Melbourne and Geelong are also within one hour’s travel time.
Ballarat has strong ties with manufacturing, tourism, health and community services, education and retail, and together with the developing IT, communication and financial sectors, Ballarat is fast becoming home to many new residents looking for a change of pace and a breath of fresh air.
Further information regarding Ballarat can be found below:
Applying for any of our vacancies is simple.
- To view the vacancy information and download the position description click ‘apply’.
- Complete the online application questions and upload your cover letter and CV.
- Submit. You’ll receive an email from us confirming your application has been received.
In your cover letter ensure that you:
- Clearly explain how your personal values, knowledge and experience align with the key selection criteria in the position description and Ballarat Community Health’s purpose.
- Outline how the role fits with your current career aspirations.
You don’t need to provide individual responses against each of the key selection criteria.
If you have viewed the roles that we have available and need a few questions answered, feel free to send us an email below or call the Ballarat Community Health Human Resources Department on (03) 5338 4500. We are more than happy to help!