The dietitians at Ballarat Community Health work within a multidisciplinary team to help you to understand the relationship between food and health.
Our dietitians offer evidence based, non-judgemental support with food and eating. They will work with you to help meet your needs and support your goals. All dietitians employed at BCH are accredited practising dietitians (APDs) We offer a range of support in many different areas, including:
- general nutrition and healthy eating
- diabetes and prevention of diabetes
- heart health, cholesterol and high blood pressure
- assistance to manage gout through diet
- fussy or selective eating
- eating disorders or disordered eating concerns
- body image issues
- nutrition for pregnancy and breastfeeding
- stomach and gut issues
- food intolerance and allergy
- vegetarian and vegan eating
- loss of strength or energy
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- confusion about popular diets.
Our dietetic services are offered at Lucas, Sebastopol, Wendouree, and Smythesdale sites.
Ballarat Community Health dietitians are also involved in a range of community activities to promote healthy eating and good nutrition in the wider Ballarat region.
For more information about dietetics or to make a booking, please call us on (03) 5338 4500, or have a look at the useful links below:
The cost of an assessment for low income clients is $11; medium income, $17; and full-fee paying, $110, or $65 for a review.