Integrated Chronic Disease Management Counsellor
Chronic diseases can impact every facet of a person’s life, causing a significant amount of stress upon the individual, families/carers. At Ballarat Community Health our Integrated Chronic Disease management Counsellor is a free service aimed at assisting individuals with chronic diseases. This service focuses on mental health and care management from a wellness and reablement perspective. This service can include counselling, support, health coaching and advocacy for individuals and families living with a chronic health condition (diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Heart Failure etc.).
The service can include assistance with:
- Mental Health Counselling
- Psycho-Social Support
- Behaviour change and goal setting
- Stress management and enhancing wellbeing
- Family and relationships issues
- Grief and loss issues
- Pain management
- Learning about self-management principles
- Psychosocial assessment
- Illness and role adjustment
- Secondary symptoms of chronic illness (e.g. low mood, worry, anger or sleep disturbance)
- Socio-legal concerns and medical decision making
Our Integrated Chronic Disease Management Counsellor service is offered at the Lucas site and enquires can be made by phoning us on (03) 5338 4500.