Placement in a community health setting gives students an opportunity to work in a unique and truly multi-disciplinary environment.
Ballarat Community Health regularly hosts students from Federation University, Australian Catholic Univeristy, Deakin University, Monash University and LaTrobe University. We are happy to consider arrangements with other education providers upon request. Our programs and services support clients of all age groups and needs.
What types of placement are available?
- allied health assistance
- alcohol & other drugs
- diabetes education
- exercise physiology/sports science
- health promotion/public health
- mental health
- nursing (enrolled/registered)
- social work
- youth services
- Big city benefits with a small town feel.
- A friendly and welcoming community.
- Award-winning food and entertainment venues, including wine bars, restaurants, vineyards, jazz bars and cafes.
- A unique culture of theatre, festivals, sporting and music events.
- Beautiful Lake Wendouree, as well as various parks and gardens.
- A great variety of shopping experiences, including antiques, retro, markets and major retailers.
- Magnificent historical buildings across the region, including Sovereign Hill and the Eureka precinct.
The majority of placement enquiries should be directed via your course coordinator or field education coordinator. However, if you have been instructed by your education provider to contact us yourself, please make your placement request via email.