Volunteer with us
WE CURRENTLY HAVE NO VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
Our volunteers are an essential part of the services provided through Ballarat Community Health and their work is hugely appreciated by staff and clients alike.
Volunteering is a great way to contribute to your community, develop and practise new skills, meet new people and learn more about what BCH offers the community.
Volunteering with BCH can include:
- helping to prepare program materials and information packs
- assistance in health promotion programs
- supporting staff in client programs
- community events
- leading/assisting with walking and exercise groups
- mail delivery and errands
- Second Bite food rescue program
- gardening, and more!
Most people volunteer a couple of hours a week, according to their particular role. It is important that you can be available on a regular basis and be reliable.
Anyone can volunteer. We encourage people with a diversity of skills, knowledge and experience to apply. It is preferred that you are able to commit to a minimum of six months as a volunteer.
How do I begin?
- If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer, please contact our volunteer co-ordinator on 03 5338 4576 or via the volunteer enquiries Alternatively, fill out the application form below.
- If a suitable position for you is available, you will be asked to complete a consent form for a National Police Check. For many of our volunteer roles you will also need to have a current Working with Children card.
- You will need to be able to attend an initial volunteer orientation training session of approximately 4 hours’ duration, plus other training relevant to your particular Volunteer role.
For further information about volunteering and volunteer opportunities in the Ballarat area, see Go Volunteer.