NDIS at BCH
Choose to be valued | Choose to be heard | Choose a trusted provider | Choose BCH
Whether you already have an NDIS plan or are just beginning your journey with the NDIS, we at Ballarat Community Health are here to help! At BCH we know that disability is not inability, and that people with disability deserve, and are capable of, living full, happy and healthy lives. Navigating the NDIS can be complicated, but we’re here to simplify the process, and to provide services that work in with your NDIS plan and your life in general.
Why choose BCH to provide your NDIS services in Ballarat and the wider western region? Because:
- our expert practitioners work with you to coordinate your services and care
- we provide great value and exceptional service, and
- we are a trusted provider with a long history of caring for the Ballarat community.
- NDIS-subsidised art classes
- exercise physiology
Don’t quite know where to begin your NDIS journey? The Local Area Coordination Service can also assist. They have three roles:
- to link you to the NDIS
- to Link you to information and support in the community, and
- to work with the local community to make sure it is more welcoming and inclusive for people with disability.
This service can be contacted on 1800 242 696 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which is managed and implemented by the National Disability Insurance Agency, supports people with disability to achieve their individual goals and to participate in the community and employment. The NDIS provides funding to eligible participants to access a range of supports aimed at increasing their independence, inclusion, and social and economic participation. Eligible clients are people who currently have or are likely to have a permanent disability, aged up to 64 years.
The NDIS became available in the Central Highlands area from 1 January 2017. The Central Highlands area covers the local government areas of:
- Golden Plains
Ballarat Community Health is a registered provider of the NDIS.