Be a Health Promoting School
Ballarat Community Health’s (BCH) School Health Programs have been re-imagined in 2022! They now incorporate the evidence-based best practice Health Promoting Schools Framework developed by the World Health Organization. The Framework strengthens the relationship between health and education by linking curriculum to the school environment and better utilising internal and external partnerships.
Health Promoting Schools are committed to strengthening their capacity to be leaders in health and wellbeing for students, families, and staff; where they learn, play and work. Become a Health Promoting School today with help from Ballarat Community Health.
“BCH takes a deep dive into these topics to give more insight and expertise than could be garnered from a one-off lesson on any given theme.”
– Health Promoting Schools participating teacher
Click on the images below for a downloadable flyer
Are you ready to:
- Engage leaders and school staff, students, their families, health
providers and the wider community to make the school a healthier
- Provide a healthy environment, engage in school/community projects and outreach, and take opportunities to share health promotion programs with your staff?
- Address health and safety in the school, value nutrition and food safety programs and give more opportunity to introduce physical education, recreation, counselling, social support and mental health promotion programs into the school environment?
- Implement policies and practices that will help enhance wellbeing?
- Acknowledge good efforts and intentions as well as personal
Ballarat Community Health offers Health Promoting Schools:
- a step-by-step approach, including access to toolkits, templates for policy development, newsletter articles, social media content, website information plus engagement and feedback surveys
- supported access to health professionals, secondary consults and referral pathways for students, their families and staff
- FREE access to in-the-classroom health education sessions from the BCH Health Promotion and Creative Learning Teams.