Connecting2community is a psychosocial support service provided by Ballarat Community Health and Grampians Community Health.
Connecting2community is co-designed by consumers for consumers, to inspire confidence and hope in people on their journey of recovery from mental ill health.
What you get from Connecting2community:
- 6 sessions with a peer support worker setting goals and a plan to reach them
- support from mental health support workers along the way
- involvement with an intensive support clinician as you work through your plan
- NDIS application support (for those wanting to apply to the scheme)
- FREE access to our weekly group programs to build connections with others and make new networks
Meet some of the Connecting2community team:
Research identifies that the top two priorities for people with severe mental illness is managing the symptoms of the illness and addressing loneliness and social isolation. This program is tailored and client-centred, helping people to achieve their individualised goals to tackle their mental illness through support, encouragement and advice.
Connecting2community is available for people from the age of 18-65. Self or medical professional referrals are both welcome. If you have a mental health condition but are not yet connected to a supportive health service, you may be eligible for Connecting2community. You must also be:
- living in the Western Primary Health Network catchment area
- living with a mental health condition
- goal and recovery focused
- not acutely unwell
- aged between 18-65 years old
- currently not participating in the NDIS
- eligible for NDIS but waiting for an access decision or your plan to begin.
This program is supported by Western Victorian Primary Health Network (PHN) under the Australian Government’s Primary Health Networks Program.
Call (03) 5358 7400 for more information, or email any general enquiries to [email protected].
To refer yourself for Connecting2community, complete this referral form, and email it to [email protected].
For more information about mental health at Ballarat Community Health, check out the flyer below for various associated programs: