Connecting2community is a psychosocial support service provided by Ballarat Community Health and Grampians Community Health.
It is co-designed by consumers for consumers, with the purpose of inspiring confidence and hope in others on their journey of recovery.
Research identifies that the top two priorities for people with severe mental illness is managing the symptoms of the illness and addressing loneliness and social isolation. This program is tailored and client-centred, helping people to achieve their individualised goals to tackle their mental illness through support, encouragement and advice.
Connecting2community offers the following:
- a six session goal focused program delivered by peer support workers
- support from mental health support workers
- involvement with intensive support clinician
- NDIS application support for those wanting to apply to the scheme
- engagement in our weekly group programs
Connecting2community is available for people from the age of 18-65. Self or medical professional referrals are both welcome. If you have a mental health condition but are not yet connected to a supportive health service, you may be eligible for Connecting2community. You must also be:
- living in the Western Primary Health Network catchment area
- living with a mental health condition
- goal and recovery focused
- not acutely unwell
- aged between 18-65 years old
- currently not participating in the NDIS
- eligible for NDIS but waiting for an access decision or your plan to begin.
This program is supported by Western Victorian Primary Health Network (PHN) under the Australian Government’s Primary Health Networks Program.
Call (03) 5358 7400 for more information, or email any general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. To refer yourself for Connecting2community, complete this referral form, and email it to email@example.com.
Healthy Minds is an exciting FREE eight week program to promote overall wellbeing.
It will commence 28 April 202, from 10am-11:30am via Zoom teleconference. All you need is a confidential space and access to internet and a smart device. Zoom is new to us too, therefore we will step you through how to set it up. To book, contact Emma or Jordan on (03) 5338 0527.
For more information about mental health at Ballarat Community Health, check out the below flyers for various associated programs:
- Wellbeing walking group
- Connecting2community brochure
- Mental health casual drop in
- Cooking program
- Community mental health brochure