Diabetes - Getting Started
Diabetes: Getting Started is a new group designed to help you navigate the tricky time immediately post-diabetes type 2 diagnosis with the support of a diabetes nurse educator and a dietitian.
The program aims to:
- Reduce the anxiety associated with a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase the knowledge and skill required to understand and to self-manage your condition.
- Provide resources and education on blood glucose monitoring (free blood glucose meters are available).
- Provide diet and exercise recommendations.
- Provide an opportunity for ongoing individualised support, with all clients able to schedule a timely review for follow up.
To book an appointment or find out more, make an enquiry or request a call in the customer service menu to the right-hand side of your screen or, alternatively, call us directly on (03) 5338 4500.