Diabetes: Getting Started
Diabetes: Getting Started is a small group designed to help you navigate the time immediately post-diabetes type 2 diagnosis with the support of a diabetes nurse educator and a dietitian.
The program aims to:
- Reduce the anxiety associated with a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase the knowledge and skill required to understand and to self-manage your condition.
- Provide resources and education on blood glucose monitoring (free blood glucose meters are available).
- Provide diet and exercise recommendations.
- Provide an opportunity for ongoing individualised support, with all clients able to schedule a timely review for follow up.
To book an appointment or find out more, make an enquiry in the customer service menu to the right-hand side of your screen or, alternatively, call us directly on (03) 5338 4500.
If you need some more assistance or information about your diabetes, below are our other diabetes-specific services and programs. We’re here for you, so get in touch!
- Diabetes education provides support via appointments with our diabetes educators, both individual and in group settings.
- Diabetes Getting Started program will help newly-diagnosed people with type 2 diabetes to get on their feet.
- Carbohydrate Counting for people with type 2 diabetes especially suitable for those at risk of low blood glucose.
- OzDAFNE is a comprehensive education and support program for adults with type 1 diabetes to learn how to self-manage their condition, including self-adjustment of insulin.
- Diabetes support group is a casual and frequent meetup so that Ballarat locals with diabetes can support each other.
- Life! program is a health and lifestyle program for those with pre-diabetes, or at risk from type 2 diabetes.