Sexual health clinic
The Ballarat Community Health sexual health clinic is located at our Lucas site.
Our team of qualified health professionals pride themselves on a non-judgmental, welcoming clinic that provides services to people of all genders and ages. We do not discriminate—lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) clients are welcome.
Some of our services include:
- information and support on sexual and reproductive health
- sexually transmitted infection (STI) screens, testing, counselling and treatments. Remember, you may not know you have an STI: most people have no symptoms!
- contraceptive services. This refers to something you do or take to prevent pregnancy. These can include:
- Mirena insertion and removal
- Implanon insertion and removal
- copper IUD insertion and removal
- the combined Pill
- the Minipill
- Depo Provera injections, and
We also provide unexpected pregnancy counselling. If you think you may be pregnant, we can provide pregnancy testing, options counselling and advice, as well as referrals.
You can make an appointment via the the ‘make an appointment’ icon to the right-hand side of your screen. Alternatively, give us a call on (03) 5338 4500.