Needle & syringe program
Through the needle and syringe program, syringes, swabs and disposal containers are provided free of charge, along with a disposal service for used materials.
The Ballarat Community Health needle and syringe program (NSP) is a public health initiative that aims to minimise the spread of blood-borne viruses and the harms associated with injecting drug use.
At BCH we provide a confidential and non-judgemental NSP service to members of the community wishing to access:
- sterile injecting equipment
- safer sex products
- education and information
- disposal of used equipment.
The needle and syringe program is available weekdays from 9:00am–5:00pm from the following BCH sites:
- Lucas – 12 Lilburne Street
- Sebastopol – 260 Vickers Street
- Ballarat – 28 Victoria Street
- Wendouree – 1042 Howitt Street
- Smythesdale – 19 Heales Street
A Secure Dispensing Unit (SDU) is located at Uniting Ballarat, 105 Dana Street.