The dietitians at Ballarat Community Health work within a multidisciplinary team to help people to understand the relationship between food and health. All dietitians employed at Ballarat Community Health are Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs).
During an initial appointment the dietitian will:
- Assess your diet, lifestyle and physical activity levels.
- Provide appropriate information on healthy eating.
- Help you set and reach achievable healthy eating goals.
People see dietitians for a range of reasons including:
- General healthy eating
- Diabetes and prevention of diabetes
- Heart disease, including high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight
- Poor appetite
- Digestive health including constipation and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Infant feeding
- Fussy eating in children
Individual appointments are offered at Ballarat Community Health’s Sebastopol and Cooinda sites, as well as outreach services to Smythesdale, Haddon, Rokewood and Bannockburn.
Ballarat Community Health dietitians are also involved in a range of community activities to promote healthy eating and good nutrition in the wider Ballarat region.
Friday, 15 February 2019 - 10:00am